Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bravo Points

Throughout the day when my students do what they should do- they earn Bravo Points.  These points transfer into coins (at the end of each day) that each table collects for prizes. When they earn a point and I tally it on the board, they say "BRAVO" all together.  When they don't follow our rules, I get a point.  To this they say, "Ohhh".  I started using it without the choral responses, then learned about Biffle's Smilies and Frownies.  It basically works the same way.  I just added the Standing "O" because I thought it was a cute way to celebrate our points each day.  SO, when the students beat me at the end of the day, they get to celebrate with a standing "O".  PLUS, it is a great way to learn about tallies and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment