Saturday, February 25, 2012

Making Good Choices

After 15 years of teaching and using many different behavior management plans, I think this one is my favorite.  I really like being able to reward my super students by making them "perfectly purple" each day.  All of the students strive for it, the parents seem to love it, and I like how it individualizes the behavior by giving me a sentence to say before I move their clip.  For example, "I think you need to think about your choices."  Then, I move their clip without any more discussion.  The students completely understand and refer to the sentences themselves. It is a great way to manage behavior in a positive way!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm new teacher starting this Fall and have a 3rd grade class. I love this idea. Do you think it's appropriate for the 3rd grade level??

    ReplyDelete