Monday, August 19, 2013

New Organization

 If you haven't noticed, I LOVE organizing my classroom for a brand-new year.  I think since we have started a new reading series and changing everything over to Common Core, I am even more excited about starting fresh.  So, I made some new labels for all of my manipulatives.
 I also found these purple containers that I am now using for everything- for pencils on my students' tables, too.  I also bought some square ones that have come in handy for crayons.  I just love these.
 I have a new set-up for my folder box and my bin for our aides to run things off and laminate things.  I tried to make it look like home with a lamp and a plant.  It is sitting right when you walk in the room, and it does give the room a nice feel.  I couldn't live without the purple work box organizer.
 I am loving the new LARGE retelling cards from our Journeys series.  I also love that there are only 4 cards with this series.  It just seems to make more sense.
 This is my stations table where everything is laid out ready for the students to get before stations start each day.  They are doing a fabulous job putting everything back each day, and I am truly impressed.  I love having the station boxes (in purple) that contain everything they need for the station each week.  It is so easy for them to get and clean up each day.  Makes my life so much simpler!
 I started using this station chart at the end of the year last year, and I still love it.  It is so much easier to have only two changes each day.  That has also helped my to have nice, calm, quiet station time where my children are actually learning instead of trying to run from station to station.
 I also have this little chart that I keep in our whole group area on the carpet.  Simple- but it helps them to remember what Title, Author, and Genre mean.
 I am still using this awesome cart for my books in my classroom.  But, I just changed my labels to match the rest of the new ones I made for this year.  I do love this cart!  It was a really smart purchase.  It is totally indestructible!

No comments:

Post a Comment